1630 E. University Blvd.,
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0094
• Time management and organizational skills developed through multiple leadership roles and work experience.
• Strong interest in optics, optomechanics, mathematics, and management.
• Comfortable working in group settings, making presentations, leading/participating in discussions, and sharing ideas.
• Familiar with a variety of lab instruments and optical and mechanical components.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Resources, Zemax, Code V, Matlab, SolidWorks, and Mathematica.
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA TUCSON, AZ
M.S. In Optical Sciences May 2010
• GPA: 3.77/4.0 Fall 2009
• Received Rolyn Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award 2/11/2009
• Received Harvey Pollicove Memorial Scholarship for optics manufacturing 2/04/2010
• Board Member of University of Arizona Women in Optics (WiO) Fall 2009 – Spring 2010
• Teaching Assistant for Optics 380A (Undergraduate Laboratory) Fall 2008
• Teaching Assistant for Optics 201L (Undergraduate Laboratory) Fall 2009
• National member of Society of Women Engineers (SWE) and Optical Society of America (OSA) Spring 2006- Spring 2010
UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER ROCHESTER, NY
B.S. In Optics May 2008
• Business Certificate in Personnel Management May 2008
• GRE Scores: Math – 800/800 (94%) Verbal – 580/800 (81%) Writing – 4.5 (54%) Summer 2007
• GPA : 3.88/4.0, Magna Cum Laude Spring 2008
• Dean’s List (8 of 8 semesters) Fall 2004-Fall 2007
• Optical Society of America, Rochester Student Chapter President Fall 2006- Spring 2007
• Teaching Assistant for Optics 211 (MatLab Instructional Course) Fall 2006
• Teaching Assistant for Optics 197 and 198 (Laboratory courses) Spring 2007
• Geometrical Optics, Aberrations and Interferometry, Lens Design, Electromagnetic Waves, Linear Systems and Fouier Optics, Introduction to Optomechanics, Optomechanical Design and Analysis, Interference and Diffraction, Radiometry and Detectors, Mathematical Optics Lab (Numerical methods in Matlab), Entrepreneurship for Engineers, Optical Specifications, Fabrication, and Testing, Introduction to Display Science and Technology, Optical Physics and Lasers.
• Masters Project: Co-authoring an SPIE Field Guide for Optomechanics entitled “Optomechanical Design and Analysis”. Also writing an accompanying ‘Rules of Thumb’ guide for quick estimates of common optomechanics principles.
OPTICS WORK EXPERIENCE:
ARETE ASSOCIATES TUCSON, AZ
Optical Engineering Intern 6/1/2009 – 8/24/2009
ROCHESTER PRECISION OPTICS ROCHESTER, NY
Optical Engineering Intern 9/2007- 5/2008
BAE SYSTEMS NASHUA, NH
Optical Engineering Department Intern 6/4/2007-8/17/2007
UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER, RESEARCH EXPERIENCE FOR UNDERGRADUATES ROCHESTER, NY
Researcher with Nonlinear Optics Group 6/1/2006-8/4/2006